Sunday, October 20, 2013

Foxboro/Vermont

After Virginia, flew up to Foxboro to visit Joan and Sandy.  We drove up to Vermont and next morning me and Sandy got up early to hike up Mt Ascutney (3 miles one-way and 2,000 feet - very rocky and challenging trail).  This small water fall is about 1/2 way up. 
Sandy and I at the top of Mt Ascutney on the firetower

We stopped by a Monastery near Chester (cant remember the name) - didnt get enlightened  but did get this cool shot of mums with old bell.

Old grist mill in Weston, VT

Second morning, me and Sandy got up before sunrise to get an early hike in to a ridge near Stony Brook Cabin (joan thought we were crazy).  But we did get up to the ridge just in time to see the sun come over the horizon.

The colors were peak on some hillsides - this was on a property near Stony Brook

Bunny on the deck

Despite the cloudy weather we took a Gondola ride to the top of Strattion Mtn (unfortunately pea soup fog made it a bad day to try that) - this pic was down in the village.

During the Segway tour at Okemo Mt.
After our Segway tour, Sandy and I did a short walk to firetower on top of Okemo Mt.

A nice maple leaf near Stony Brook


Saw this mean looking guy near a little roadside vegetable market 

My last day we did a short hike in the Audubon Moose Hill Preserve
 
 
The highlitght (lowlight?) of my ttrip was visting the Patriots museum in Foxboro. At least I had my trusty New York Giants hat to keep me safe


 

No comments: